Friday, April 25, 2008

The beginning...

And in the beginning, there was...a need to write something. So, this being my first blog post, I feel some sort of need to sum up my life up to this point. But 24 years is a ridiculously long time to sum up. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

I was born and grew up in Salt Lake City and had a wonderful time. I attended Eastwood Elementary, Churchill Junior High, and Skyline High School. After graduating high school, I went on my LDS mission to Spain, came home, and have been attending Brigham Young University for the last three and a half years. I have a year left, (maybe a tad bit more, but we'll try to keep it to that), and will graduate with a Bachelors Degree in Spanish Translation (which I prefer to call Translation Theory, due to the focus that we had on theory in general). I am also doing two minors, Linguistics and Music. They are why it shall take me one more year to graduate.

I currently work at Wells Fargo Bank, and I enjoy my job. Sometimes I wonder why, because we have some rather stressing situations on a daily basis. But all in all, it's interesting and fun. I've also learned a lot of useful things about life and finances.

This summer, I am off to Peru to do an internship. I will include more details about that in another post.

I have been in the BYU 48th Ward for the last year, and have served as the Assistant Ward Clerk. I've really enjoyed it, because I get to put my organizational skills (or OCD) to use in keeping track of people's records.

As of today, April 25, 2008, I have moved from Provo back to my parent's house, which I still lovingly call home. I didn't know if I would ever "move home" again, because the room I occupied for many years had been re-done and given to my sister, but here I am. Although in reality, it'll be a short stay as I pack my stuff away in storage and prepare to move to Peru for 3 months, and when I get back I'll be off to Provo once more to finish school.

Anyway, life is good and I am content.

3 comments:

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

I'm pretty pumped you got a blog.

Emilie said...

Welcome to the blogging world Cam!

Lemme said...

dude!!! Cam you have a blog! I'm adding you to my friend list...you better return the favor!