Thursday, February 26, 2009

Background Details

I continue to sit here on my couch, somehow not getting around to that paper that I was supposed to have done already. Nevermind the fact that it just isn't that hard of a paper. But I think people can empathize.

I've had something on my mind lately. Yes, it's serious. Prepare yourself. I look around at other people's blogs, and I keep thinking to myself, "Self, your blog ain't that pretty."

Which leads to more thoughts. "Self, you should get a different blog background."

"But how, self? Where?"

"Self, 'tis a good question."

You see, I just don't know if there are good blog backgrounds/designs for men. I've mentioned this to a few girls, and they subsequently launched on some searches to find me blog backgrounds for men. But a bunch of them are all "sporty," and I don't consider myself a big enough fan or follower of baseball or football to have a blog background that displays some sort of ball flying through the screen or showcases some particular team. Well, there are others. But quite honestly, they just begin looking so doctored that they seem to cry, "My wife/girlfriend/female acquaintance made this blog background for me!" Or perhaps, "Yeah, she put so much work into it for me, I felt bad not using it. Yeah, I know it's 'cute'." And I just can't have it. My blog must be me. And currently, it seems that I am several different shades of green and some arrows and stuff.

4 comments:

Trenda said...

Your funny! :) I hope you are feeling better!

The Ballif Family said...

I'm so happy to read all the updates!! I hope things are going well for you, Cam.

Bryon said...

Yes, I've always associated you with the color green. No, really - I remember you loving it as a kid. As for arrows, I think you're going in the right diretion and you set a great example for me and others to look to. Keep on being you.

Clarisa said...

Well here is an opportunity for the blogging professionals...they should start designing some "man blogs" huh! I see your point, most backgrounds are very girly. On the other hand, it's commendable you have a blog cuz a lot of guys don't seem to! Haha. You could look for a travel lookin blog since you are Mr. International and it's always fun to see photos too.