Sunday, July 27, 2008

Garbage cans

Well, I have just made a long-overdue update to my blog, finishing the posts about each week since we've been working for FONDESURCO. I figured it would be a good time to do so, since we're about to finish up our internship this coming week! At the moment, though, they still lack pictures.

I also wanted to note down an observation I've made here in Peru, one that has been somewhat exasperating to me...there are almost never any garbage cans available! I make this observation that there are rarely garbage cans in the streets or even in the town squares, and also that in the many hotels in which we have stayed (the number must be around 20 by now), I can only remember one having a garbage can in the room. There's always a garbage can in the bathroom, (because that's where you put your used toilet paper), but it's always rather small. And you don't want to fill that one with other garbage, disallowing the putting of your toilet paper in there. So my question is, WHERE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO PUT THE GARBAGE!? We always put it in a plastic grocery bag, but I still haven't figured out what other hotel guests do with theirs. Floor? Corner? Under the bed?

Other cultures are always an adventure!

No comments: